Wednesday, May 16, 2007

week 10 10-12

Welcome to what may be the last blog for NCT. This blog is similar to the previous one on MS Word only this time using a spreadsheet program known as MS Excel, as before I'm using OpenOffice instead so it's a bit different.


Exercise 1- Entering & Presenting Data

This exercise was basic and simple that required me to enter some data and then present some of it in bold. This exercise is useful because this is a spreadsheet's most basic function so everybody should know how to do this.


Exercise 2- Formulas

Another simple exercise where I inserted some formulas to allow for calculations. This exercise was simple once again but I did have to use the help menu because the last formula was different for Openoffice. This exercise was useful because this function of using formulas is a very important one and allows for tough & mass calculating to be done easily.


Exercise 3- Graphs

This was another fairly simple exercise which wanted me to insert a graph that used the information I entered into the spreadsheet. This was simple because there was prompts which made the graph-making simple. This is very useful once again because people like visual representations of data.


Exercise 4- Macros

The last exercise was much tougher than the previous ones. It required me to create some macro functions that allow for recording of functions so that they are simpler. This wasn't as simple and I needed lots of help from the help menu as it wasn't as easy as it seemed in the tutorial task. I eventually fininshed the task. The use of macros, like formulas allow for simplified use of a spreadsheet.


So there is my task for this week on spreadsheets.

No comments: